There is a lot of talk about setting up an NFA Gun Trust. I agree with Mr. Stegall in many respects though, the Trust and Corporation is a preferable method despite the yearly reporting and filing necessitated by a corporate member of the Trust instrument. Is $50 per year and seven minutes of on-line registration really an issue when we are seeking to legally and properly protect ourselves from a potential ten year jail sentence and a $250,000 fine for non-compliance?
If you want to own a Title 2 or AOW legally, take some time with a competent attorney to set up the trust and the company properly to add additional protection. Additionally, remember, the ATF is NOT, I repeat NOT, in the business of restricting your legal right to own a legal suppressed, shortened, or automatic weapon. The ATF's job is to assure that the statutes are being followed. The ATF is your friend unless you intentionally or negligently violate the laws.
I know, you're thinking that I'm some regulator loving writer: I am not. As long as the ATF is in existence, they will be regulating firearms, tobacco, and alcohol. I like all three so I have decided to embrace them as much as possible, work with them at every opportunity and protect myself in the long run. Really, when the SHTF, do you really think ATF Agent Smith is going to walk up to your retreat to seize your Title 2 weapon or is he going to come and ask if he can join the group and bring his own firepower?
No comments:
Post a Comment